- Identify and recruit more teacher candidates with great potential to succeed, with a deliberate emphasis on diversifying the teacher workforce.
- Reimagine teacher preparation to make it more rooted in classroom practice and professional knowledge base, with universal high standards for all candidates.
- Raise the bar for licensure so it is a meaningful measure of readiness to teach.
- Increase compensation in order to attract and reward teachers as professionals.
- Provide support for new teachers through induction or residency programs.
- Ensure tenure is a meaningful signal of professional accomplishment.
- Provide significantly more time, tools, and support for teachers to succeed, including through planning, collaboration, and development.
- Design professional learning to better address student and teacher needs, and to foster feedback and improvement.
- Create career pathways that give teachers opportunities to lead and grow professionally.
Please tell us what you think by leaving a comment.