National Board Certified Teachers (NBCTs) are recognized across the country as having met the highest standards that our profession has to offer (visit the NBPTS website for more information). If you are considering becoming a National Board Candidate or are already prepared to jump on board for the 2017-18 cycle and are looking for support options, whether through this master's program, extending learning credit opportunities, mentoring, or other resources, then join us for our upcoming webinar where we will will share what the National University NB Leadership Center has to offer you during your journey.
During our webinar, we explore the following topics:
- An introduction to the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, its tools and processes, and the benefits of certification
- An overview of the certification process
- An overview the the National University NB Leadership Center's support options, including:
- Our Master of Science in Teaching with a National Board Specialization
- Extended learning credit opportunities
- Our NBCT-EDGE online support environment
- Our online support webinars and resources
Our online support options are available and accessible to candidates anywhere in the country. The National Board Specialization courses that are part of the master's degree and continuing education programs are taught by National Board Certified teachers and integrate component development from the National Board process into the coursework so that candidates are able to earn credit while working toward and receiving feedback on their components. The online support environment is available to candidates 24-7 and provides a solid foundation for navigating the process.
Our professional development series kicks off this summer with our candidate academy orientation, and our next master's cohort starts July 7, so be sure to attend this information webinar to see how our options can serve you in your journey. The webinar will take place on Thursday, June 22, at 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern, and will also be available on demand. To join, register HERE.